These little balls of deliciousness are vegan, gluten free and powered with plant based protein! They will also give you a good dose of fiber and hit the spot for that sweet tooth without going too far off track! This was an impromptu recipe that I came up with, and after the fam ate them faster than I could get them out of the oven, I figured it was blog worthy!
These are best served right out of the oven when the chocolate is good and melty…. I had mine with a cold glass of almond milk!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I prefer silk almond milk because it is part of the non GMO project and it does not use carrageenan as a thickener)
- 1/4 cup natural no sweetener peanut butter (I used chunky no salt added on these) *plant powered protein
- 1/2 cup raw almond meal *plant powered protein
- 1 cup gluten free oats *plant powered protein
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp chia seeds *plant powered protein
- 1/4 cup vegan and gluten free chocolate chips such as enjoy life brand
Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Mash your banana in a medium size mixing bowl, then add your coconut sugar, almond milk and peanut butter, once this is nice and creamy add the rest of your ingredients with the chocolate chips last. Use a cookie scoop if you have one, if not a larger table spoon will do to make the dough into “balls” place on a baking sheet or stone and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes each. This will make about 2 dozen cookies. Enjoy!